Thursday, July 8, 2010

Dear Metro Transit Bus that Nearly Hit My New Car,

Dear Metro Transit Bus that Nearly Hit My New Car,

I have literally owned my 2007 Mazda3 for less than an hour. You can imagine that I am quite excited about it, since I have never had such a shiny new car all of my own before. You might also be able to imagine that I am a little protective of it, since it's like a newborn baby less than a day old (to me). Now, if you saw a woman cradling her new born while crossing the street... would you abruptly pull out and nearly miss her in a hurry to get around another bus, just to get to a stop literally 1 block away? Probably not. I would venture to say you would NEVER do this. And yet, when I turned left, on a my green arrow, you felt it was appropriate to cut left with your 10 ton metal death trap and attempt to crush me, and my baby, between your bus and the neighboring Yukon. I find this behavior both irresponsible and disrespectful. I spent a large sum of money today to purchase a large, lasting investment. I followed all rules properly, and yet had to honk 5 times, and then back up into an intersection for you to pay enough mind to not crush and kill me. This doesn't even mention the level of anxiety I have now experienced. I feel a lawsuit might be in order for my emotional distress.
Buses like you are why Americans hate public transportation and refuse to be nice to the environment by using it. You are singlehandedly causing global warning. You might as well just go club baby seals and call it a day.

In summary: I hate you.

I hope your license is revoked,

Lia


No comments:

Post a Comment