Monday, July 12, 2010

Dear Sales Tax

Dear Sales Tax,

Most times we meet, I don't even acknowledge you. You are just the extra $7.37 that's part of life when buying a text book, or the extra $2.43 when buying gas. Hardly noticeable in our exchanges. Apparently my cold shoulder to you has made you angry, though, and in true Minnesota fashion you struck unexpectedly with harsh passive agressivity. Today, I saw your force while writing a check for over $800 to the State of Minnesota in your honor just so they'll recognize I actually bought my car. I forgot about you, and so you slapped me across the face. That was not very nice of you, but probably justified. So, can we just make friends now? I'll remember you exist and you won't need to abuse me so abruptly from here on out. Deal?

With a woefully sad bank account, I bid you adieu,

Lia

1 comment:

  1. hahaha, TAXATION STRIKES AGAIN! (quote from Strong Bad)

    ReplyDelete