Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Dear Single Men Worrying About Women

Dear Single Men Worrying About Women,

I know that women are very scary to you. We're pretty, and we have soft body parts you like, and our laughs bring unicorns back to life. I know. I also know we talk a lot and it's hard to know what we really mean. Summaries aren't really our thing. I get it. It's hard to know what we're getting at when you have to listen to all that chatter. I respect that. BUT... really. There is NO reason to be afraid of us. Do you think we're cute and perhaps even fun to be around? Yes? Ask us to hang out. If we're not interested, we won't go. And no one will die. Or if we do say yes, and four dates down the road you think... eh... she smells like wet dog, or she talks like Paris Hilton, or she's just going out with me because she thinks I'm rich and I'm not... well then, no harm no foul. Cut it off. No need to lie, just say 'Hey Random-Chick's-Name, I think we should be friends' or 'Hey Girl-I-Barely-Know-So-My-Rejection-Shouldn't-In-Any-Way-Hurt-Your-Feelings, I think we want different things.' Again, no one will die. Just calm down, try to enjoy your life. Don't make it all so very difficult please. Your stressed out attitude towards the entire thing is SO not attractive.

Love you all dearly, even though you're dysfunctional (and perhaps BECAUSE you're dysfunctional),

Lia

2 comments:

  1. Okay, so what is wrong with the "I won't respond for several months and change my mailing address" approach? Hey, I'm willing to try new things and am not mortally afraid of girls, but I may feel like a tool when I say to myself "this person is less interesting than hanging out by my self" or "playing video games by my self is more appealing tonight, and every other night, than dry humping with you".

    Sorry about the excessive quotation marks.

    ReplyDelete